Yo! While you’re in a 6″ x 6″ artwork frame of mind, I have a second opportunity for you to participate in artful fundraisers. You probably know about Rochester Contemporary Art Center’s 9th annual 6x6x2016. Deadline is April 17.
I learned of this next opportunity through honorary Rochester Artisan Marusca Gatto. Marusca is a super creative fused glass artist known by many here locally before she relocated to Delray Beach, FL, where she is the Director of Operations at Old School Square Cornell Art Museum.
Extraordinary 6×6 Art Sale – Call for Entries
The Cornell Art Museum is pleased to announce its 3rd Annual Extraordinary 6×6 Art Sale featuring donated artwork from around the country. Participating artists are asked to submit/donate original works of art in compliance with the 6×6 regulations (see details below). The art pieces will be a feature exhibit at the Cornell Art Museum for Delray Beach’s First Friday Art Walk on July 1, 2016, and sold at the Extraordinary Art Sale on July 28. All proceeds benefit the Cornell Art Museum.
DOWNLOAD entry form.
June 17: All artwork must be received by 4:00 pm
July 1: ArtWalk, 6-9pm, featuring the 6 x 6 pieces.
July 1 –July 28: All donated artwork will be on display in the Museum
July 28: Extraordinary Art Sale, 6pm – 8pm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING ARTISTS
• Artists 18+ and all mediums are welcome – paintings, drawings, photography, glass, wood, ceramic, textile, collage, metal, mixed media, etc. The only restriction is that the work must adhere to the theme size.
• All 2-D art must be sized at 6 x 6 inches, and must be framed and ready to hang.
• All 3-D art must be contained to a 6 x 6 x 6 inch format, be flat backed, and ready to hang.
• All work will be on display at The Cornell Museum from July 1 through July 28 at the event.
• Each artist and one guest will receive complimentary admission to the July 28th event.
• Each artist will receive 10% off a purchase in the museum store with artwork donation receipt.
• Artwork larger than 6 x 6 inches will not be accepted.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION!
If you have further questions, please contact us:
Marusca Gatto: 561-243-7922, ext. 305, mgatto@OldSchool.org.